Using Behavioral Science to Increase Your Sales
#SalesChats: Episode 14
Most salespeople approach a prospect from a position of difference, or sometimes even as a subservient. They approach the prospect with an attitude of “thank you for giving me a few minutes of your time, please listen to me.” The great salespeople do not do this. They are polite and respectful, but they are not subservient. They meet people from a place of equality. They know their business, they know they’re providing great value, and deserve to engage with prospects as equals. Robert Terson discusses the equality mindset in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- Why hiding yourself as a salesperson, or trying not to act like a salesperson, is detrimental
- How to present yourself as an expert and as an equal, because after all, salespeople are experts in what they are selling and what they do
- Addressing leery prospects and reframing opinions to help prospects see salespeople in a more positive light
- How to be your own psychologist as a salesperson, and take on the best personality for who you are engaging with
- The importance of having supreme confidence in the value you can provide to customers
- The selling triangle, which includes mental attitude, work habits, and knowledge of salesmanship
- Tips for sales managers to help their salespeople train their team on the equality mindset
- The ways that the sales world has changed over the years, and the ways that the sales world has stayed the same.
David Hoffeld is the author of The Science of Selling. He is the CEO of Hoffeld Group, a research-based sales training and consulting firm that translates the findings of neuroscience and behavioral science into sales-specific concepts.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.