The Secret of Knowledge Sharing
#SalesChats Episode 7
It’s more important than ever to build credibility around your persona as a professional. If you don’t have credibility as a salesperson, people aren’t going to want to buy from you. It puts you at a disadvantage over other salespeople who have a more developed and accessible personal brand. One of the absolute best ways to build credibility is to share your knowledge. It’s a great business tactic, plus it shows that you are skilled and credible. Vidar Brekke explains the secrets behind knowledge sharing in this #SalesChat with John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- How salespeople can take their knowledge and contextualize it for certain buyers, thus becoming valuable for these particular buyers
- How to build credibility in the eyes of your customer, both for salespeople in large sales organizations and small startups alike
- The pitfalls to avoid when an organization begins trying to establish themselves as credible in the selling market
- How being authentic and genuine adds value to your role as a salesperson
- Why salespeople are reluctant towards knowledge sharing, despite it being an effective business strategy
- Knowledge is power. It becomes even more powerful when you share it. This is the basis for thought leadership and knowledge sharing. Making your knowledge available only reflects positively on you, and furthers your credibility.
- The difference between sharing data and sharing knowledge. There is an excess of data, but a lack of knowledge.
- Free advice doesn’t help someone if they can’t execute the advice. By utilizing knowledge sharing, you are showing that you are credible and can fix problems, and buyers will hire you to execute your skills.
- Finding the best tool and platform to publicize and broadcast your expertise
- The best ways to get started as a knowledge sharer
Vidar Brekke is the CEO and Co-founder of Heavy Meddle. The company’s social publishing platform, Meddle, helps professionals showcase their unique insights and capabilities without the hassle of maintaining a blog. He is an experienced technology entrepreneur and entrepreneur with a focus on what’s next.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.