Careers In Sales
#SalesChats Episode 4
Making sure the right people are in the right jobs is crucial for any industry, but it’s a particular challenge in the sales world. Sales managers often struggle finding and onboarding qualified candidates, which makes it difficult to have a cohesive, well functioning sales team.Chad Porter discusses careers in sales in this #Saleschat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The problems that many people have with job searches, including struggling with privacy and not having sufficient time to research and apply for jobs
- Utilizing technology in order to place the best candidates with the best companies to assist both recruiters and candidates
- Creating an employee persona
- How to locate the idea candidates, and how candidates should locate the best jobs using the data driven conclusions
- Being realistic about creating time frames and expectations
- The limitations that the cultural climate puts on hiring
- Using your resume as a marketing tool with structured, easy to understand data
- Find proactive ways as an employee to prepare yourself for your next job, even if you’re not currently looking
- Breaking through the noise in the hiring market
- Using data driven choices to make the best emotional decisions
Chad Porter is cofounder of Invisume (the Match.com for jobs). Prior to Invisume he founded 570 Insight (a strategic sales and marketing agency) and worked in sales at eBay.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.