November is Sales & Marketing Alignment month on SalesPOP! In this interview with Matt Heinz, prolific author and president and founder of Heinz Marketing, we explore the situation that exists in many companies: sales and marketing are in entirely different planes with different objectives.
As a marketer, Matt believes that it is mostly marketing’s fault, as marketers have not embraced a level of revenue responsibility that sales has always had. As long as marketers feel most comfortable measuring “likes,” clicks, and retweets, this is not going to happen.
To truly achieve revenue objectives
- a level of sales-marketing alignment must come about
- cultural change must occur to support this alignment
- Marketing leaders must be willing to step up to the plate to help it come about.
To begin to put these things in place:
- A marketing organization has to have better empathy and transparency for what the organization requires
- The marketing organization must be comfortable managing objectives that they don’t have complete control over
- Marketing needs to become comfortable with change
Hosted by John Golden.
About Our Guest
Matt’s career has focused on delivering measurable results for his employers and clients in greater sales, revenue growth, product success and customer loyalty. His company Heinz Marketing helps clients focus on market and customer opportunities, and execution of plans to scale revenue and growth.
About Our Host
John Golden is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories. He recently published his second book Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged thought leader, John has a passion for small to medium businesses. He is CSO and CMO at Pipeliner CRM.
Pipeliner CRM empowers companies to engage in sales and marketing alignment. Download a free trial now.