Thomas von Ahn of Viral Solutions is the poster boy for what to do right on LinkedIn. Jill’s video above, and the original article talk about how Thomas drives sales directly to his pipeline while being genuine and a “go giver.”
- Join niche groups (<5K) in addition to larger groups. You message will get through to a larger percentage, and you can form deeper relationships.
- When you see what group members are most interested in, worried about, or challenged by, write an ebook about it — give it away for free to group members.
- Find the groups your customers belong to and join those groups.
- Find the groups your target prospects belong to and join them.
- Who are your group members connected to?
- Eliminate connections. Feel free to weed your connection list. Disconnect from those who aren’t relating to you at all. If you sense they’re using you to build their audience, just disconnect.
- Be generous when you’re part of a group. Sharing your knowledge is powerful, confidence building, and satisfying.
- Avoid spammy groups — go for groups with active discussions and a feeling of camaraderie.
The average top salesperson belongs to many LinkedIn groups. Sixty percent of them more than 30 groups!
- Five Ways to Adapt Your Selling Method to the Changing Buyer
- A Sales Model Evolution Is Upon Us
- Social Selling Tips: Reach Decision Makers Without a Battering Ram